A Seven Decade Legacy
LOH has been serving our community as a meeting place and event venue for over 75 years. We are listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the official list of the Nation's historic places worthy of preservation, featuring the first open truss arena in the Northwest. It is still considered one of the largest of its kind in the western United States today.
Generations of Oregonians have learned to ride at LOH and our history is rich with their stories...
Hunt riders in the 1920's participated in "foxless" hunting, with their hounds chasing the trail of an artificially planted fox scent.
In the 1930's the Clackamas County Sheriff's Posse trained at LOH.
During the mid-1950's, Sunday afternoons were busy with western riders practicing cow herding in our covered arena.
In the 1970's LOH hosted the Pony Club of America, a junior equestrian organization in thirty countries.
Throughout the years diverse riding disciplines have flourished at LOH. Hunter, jumper, dressage, eventing and western pleasure have all been spotlighted at events which draw our community together.
For in depth detail about our history, please visit our History in Detail page.